2 Steps On How To Curl A Short BobShort bob hairstyles have become increasingly popular in the last few decades and this is mainly because these hairstyles are very easy to create and maintain compared to long-hairstyles and braided-hairstyles. In fact, a short bob hairstyle can be styled in different ways inorder to provide any woman with an amazing look and in the article I’m going to provide you with some of the methods and steps that you can follow inorder to achieve a curly short-bob hairstyle.
METHOD-1: How to curl a short-bob with a round-brush:
- Wash or dampen your hair: before you begin styling your curly short-bob hairstyle, you will need to first wash or dampen your hair inorder to keep it feeling moist and soft. This will actually make it much easier for you to style a bob-hairstyle.
- Trim your hair-ends to desired short-length: after cleaning-up your hair, grab your hair-clippers and then trim your long-hair to a desired short-length evenly on the sides and the back-section.
- Apply a styling agent into your hair: after, trimming your hair to desired short-length, apply a styling-agent like a mousse or soft-hold gel all-over. So, apply a quarter-sized amount of styling-agent into your hand-palms and then use your fingers to spread and rub the styling-agent through your hair. In fact, this styling-agent will help to hold your hair into place when styling and blow-drying it.
- Separate your hair into 3 different sections: part your hair into 3 different sections which include the crown-section, side-sections and back-sections. Use hair-clips to secure each section and leave the section that you’re about to style to hang straight down.
- Place a section of loose-hair over your round-brush: place loose hair onto a round-brush and then run the brush down the length of your hair while turning hair slightly under as you go inorder to remove any tangles and to create gentle curls with hair.
- Use a blow-dryer as you style your hair: point a blow-dryer at your hair while sitting onto a round-brush and then blow-dry hair down towards the ends. In fact, the blow-dryer should always point down the length of your hair inorder to avoid hair-frizz and to facilitate for easy styling.
- Style the remaining sections: use a round-brush and blow-dryer to style the remaining sections of your hair and then comb to make your curly hair feel a bit loose after styling it. Afterwards, consider curling the hair-ends under inorder to achieve a sexier and classic short-bob hairstyle.
- Finish by applying a hairspray: after styling your curly short-bob hairstyle, gently spray all your hair with a shine and hold hairspray inorder to ensure that your hairstyle stays in shape and looks great throughout the day.
METHOD-2: How to curl a short-bob using a curling-iron:
- Prepare your hair: before you begin styling your hair, it should be cleaned-up and dried inorder to achieve effective styling results. After cleaning-up your hair, apply a small amount of styling gel or wax inorder to help set your style. On top of that, you should even spray all your hair with a heat-protection spray before you begin styling it.
- Part your hair into different sections: use a hair-comb to separate hair into different sections and then use hair clips or pins to secure each section over your head. Separating hair into sections will actually facilitate for quick and east styling.
- Start curling your hair: when curling your hair, start at the front-section by simply taking a small section of hair and then wrap it around the curling-iron. In fact, the curl should be rolled away from your face but not towards it inorder to ensure optimum-safety. On other hand, for shorter-hair a 1-to-2 inch curling-iron will work perfectly in the production of medium-sized curls. Lastly, it’s highly recommended to hold the curling-iron away for your face and the skin inorder to ensure optimum-safety.
- Leave the hair-ends straight: with shorter-hair, it’s recommended to leave the hair-ends straight because this will help to prevent the curls from sticking-out from your head. So, if you’re using a curling-iron with a clamp then leave about 1/2-inch (1.25cm) away from the bottom before you begin rolling upwards. On other hand, if you’re using a curling-wand then start wrapping hair around the iron from the top but stop about 1/2 an inch away from the hair-ends for best styling results.
- Hold the hair wrapped around the curling-wand for about 5-to-10 seconds: holding hair around the curling-wand actually depends on how tight you want the curls to be. So, for loose-waves you will need to hold the iron in place for only seconds and then release the curl while for tighter ringlets you will have to hold the curl for 10-seconds or more.
- Do some finishing touches: once the entire head of hair is curled, try to gently pull the curls apart using fingers and then consider trimming the hair-ends with a clipper inorder to achieve a cleaner curled short-bob hairstyle. Afterwards, use a hairspray over your hair inorder to help add some shine and hold.
METHOD-3: How to curl a short-bob using bobby-pins:
- Wash your hair: start by washing your hair with Luke-warm water and a good hair-shampoo and then rinse apply a rinse-our conditioner inorder to achieve softer-curls. Rinse your hair using cool-water and then use a towel to dry-up your hair and to remove excess moisture but don’t dry-up your hair completely. So, make sure that your hair is moderately damp inorder for the curls to set properly.
- Apply a hair-mousse: a good mousse actually makes hair rigid enough to hold a style. However, even a gel or cream can also work well depending on your hair-type. All in all, you should know that fine-hair works best with a mousse while medium-to-thick hair works best with a gel/cream.
- Separate hair into small sections and then apply bobby-pins: separate hair into small-sections of about 1/4-to-1 inch wide and then place your fingers at the end of a section of hair. Wrap the hair around the finger and then roll the curl under and away from your face but make sure that the curl is loose enough to slide-off your fingers. Afterwards, use bobby-pins to secure the curl into your head. In fact, you should slide the bobby-pin diagonally over the top of the curl.
- Spray all your curled hair with water or curl-spray: after wrapping and pinning the entire head of hair, use a spray-bottle to spray water over your hair inorder to ensure that it dries evenly. On the other hand, you may even use a curl-spray to dampen the pinned-hair for best curling results.
- Allow the curls to dry: keep the bobby-pins in for several hours until your curls dry-up. In fact, you can even decide to sleep with the curls in but wear a plastic shower-cap to prevent hair-frizz. However, if you’re in a hurry then use a hair-dryer to speed-up the drying-process but try to be careful when using a hair-dryer.
- Remove the pins: when all your hair is dry, remove all the bobby-pins and then gently unwind the curl. Run your fingers through the curls inorder to make them loose and to remove any tangles. Spray all your curled-hair with a firm-holding hairspray inorder to achieve a nice looking curled short-bob hairstyle.
Categories: How To